So I went to the doctors again last night. This doctor at least seemed to have an idea about what was going on. He said the medicine the other doctor gave me wasn't for the symptoms that I was having. He still wasn't exactly sure what was wrong with me. I think we are still going with a virus or infection. But luckily no more blood work or butt shots. Instead I am on an antibiotic, anti-inflammatory, and a pain killer. And I hate Costa Rican pills. They are huge and aren't coated so they start to disolve as soon as you put them in your mouth. Then they get stuck in my throat. It's terrible! But anyways...today I have felt probably the worst of all but it seems to be coming in cycles today. I've been nauseous for a week but today was the first time I actually almost threwup and it's happened 3 times. I hate it and I just feel miserable. And after class today I had to take an hour bus ride to Heredia for an interview for my position paper. The ride was terrible but the interview was great. I left finally feeling like I knew where I wanted to go with my paper. Tomorrow I will meet with my advisor and see what she thinks and talk about the interview. Then we took a 2 hour bus ride home. And now here I am sitting in my bed typing this instead of doing homework. Tonight I have to do my second biblical reflection. This one is over the Good Samaritan passage and it is interesting how it challenges your views of it. There really is so much going on here that is really challenging my way of thinking and my views on my faith and country and lifestyle. At the beginning it all seemed so overwhelming but now I think I am finally being able to digest some of it and try to begin to form some of my own opinions about it. Hopefully by the time this is over I will have some idea what I think about it all but maybe I will just come back with more questions then answers. But anyways....pictures will come, write me letters, and I love you all!
P.S. Thanks for the videos mom! I love being able to see my little sister grow up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
We love you too! Hopefully after 24 hours that antibiotic will take affect and you will feel better.
I can't believe you are still going, going, going, but I guess you don't have much choice.
Hang in there,
SuAnne
Post a Comment