This week has been crazy and busy! We started classes this week and so that meant the homework began. We have Spanish class at ICADS every day from 8-11. Then on Tuesdays and Thursdays we go to LASP for our other class that lasts until about 4:30 or 5. We have had so much homework it is overwhelming. Wednesday I did homework for 6 hours straight and then Thursday after being in school from 8-6 I went to the internet cafe to write my 5 page paper in Spanish. It is definately tiring because we are spending all day with Spanish. Even our classes are in Spanish most of the time. My mind is exhausted. But it is finally starting to get easier. I feel like I can finally have a conversation with someone without having to pause every sentence and figure out what to say. And I am finally starting to get a good group of friends. That has been great! Yesterday when we got done with classes, Andrew, Sam, Rachel, and I met my family to go to the zoo. While we waited for them in the Plaza de Cultura, there were so many pigeons. We meet there often because it is the only place us gringos know how to find...haha. But this time there were so many pigeons it was crazy! So Andrew decided to sit down and let the birds land on him while us girls took pictures. Well everytime the birds would fly at us, we would shriek and run. Andrew told us "Stop drawing attention to us being gringos. Try to blend in. If your going to yell at least say Dios mio." It made us all laugh. It was just so funny. We try so hard to blend in and be more "tico" but sometimes we can´t help but stand out. Then we went to the zoo and got to see a whole bunch of different animals. One animal was loose (a pizote) so that was interesting and I got to learn a lot of new words. This week I have also done a lot of walking. To save money, several of us students walk to LASP on Tues and Thurs. Its about a 45 minute walk but its not bad because we get to talk and get to know each other better. Then on Tuesday, after class, Anna (another student who lives near me) and I decided to walk to see how long it would take to get to our houses from LASP. Well it took an hour and a half and it was all uphill. But at least we are getting some exercise...haha.
Well it is time for cafecita and then I am going to church with Rachel´s family tonight and then in the morning we are going to the Catholic church in Cartago for some big festival and then I´ll come back for church with my family. So this will be a weekend filled with all sorts of different churches. I love you all and thanks for leaving me comments. It is really nice to hear from you guys and hopefully I will post pictures soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Hola Chica! I bet you are learning a bunch of Espanol. I thought I knew a lot in high school, but now about all I can remember is ?Donde esta el bano?...or...el burro sabe mas que tu. teehee! I wished I would've have kept up with it!
I really am having withdrawls from pictures...I need them...I have to have them...you must post pictures! Please! Please! Please! Especially the pigeon pictures!
I do have an idea, but I don't want to seem like I'm pressuring you...(actually I am!)can you take your card to a Walgreens type store (I'm sure they don't have those where you are) and have them put your pictures on a disk, and then you can upload them?...just a suggestion...I'm sure you've thought of everything, but I just thought I'd throw that out there!
Love you and miss you!
Jenn
Where oh where are you?! Miss reading your blog!
Hey Jessica, I just found your blog by going to your mom's. Good to see you are okay and having fun. Ron and I got a new puppy. I finally gave in. She is a minature Schnauzer like our last dog. They named her Gracie. So her full name will be Princess Gracie Dukes. You can see a picture of her in my latest album on snapfish. Love ya much, Barbara
Hi Jessica,
It's exciting to hear that you're in Costa Rica. I'm not surprised, you've always had enough courage to do big things! At your age I wouldn't have been big enough to travel so far from home. I'm not a blogger yet but I'm going to check back in on you to hear about all your adventures!
Love,
Your Cousin Hydee
I am so glad you are doing well. I hope you have fun and I know you will be an inspiration to everyone around you.
Are you feeling better? Haven't seen an update in a little bit...
Post a Comment