Friday, September 19, 2008
Malaria, Virus, Dengue, Infection....which is it?
I went to the doctors today because I have been sick for over 3 days and so Laura, the staff person in charge of health, told me I had to go. So I waited for my mom and dad to get done with work and then we went. While I waited it was just me and my little brother Mariano at home so we played a lot of games of Uno. It was a lot of fun. At the doctors, I got to talk to the doctor and he said (after feeling my stomach) that I didn't have an infection but that since I had been to Limon that weekend it was possible that I could have malaria or dengue. So I have to get blood work done. I hate getting my blood taken. Ugh it was terrible. Then after waiting for the test results, I found out it was just a virus and I didnt have malaria or dengue which was really good. So instead I got 2 different medicines to take and I got a shot in my butt to help with the nausea. That was awkward and painful. So now my butt hurts, my arm hurts, and I'm really tired from the all the medicine. I'm going to bed but keep me and all the other students in your prayers. Probably at least a third of us are sick with something. So the doctors office is pretty used to us. When he saw that I was a gringo he asked if I went to the christian program because earlier that day he had seen another one of the girls from our program.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh!! I am sorry that you had to have all that done to you, but hopefully they fould what it is & you can get to feeling better.
As for me going back to work, well that is something that I don't know yet. I would love to stay home, but I don't know what to do. You know that part of me that loves to work, but there is that part of me that just does not want to miss one thing that she does. I could not do it for you, I can't do it to her.
I just miss you & wish we could talk more. Thanks for calling me love ya!
Saying a prayer for you right now!
Post a Comment