Sunday, November 2, 2008

Off to San Juanillo

So I´m headed to my next home stay in Costa Rica. It is a little town about an hour from San Jose (the capital where I have been living the past 2 months) that I hear has only 50 families. I will be working in a government run daycare for ages 1-6 and I´ll be living with the director so that will be good for me. It's really sad though to be leaving this family. This weekend has been so much fun. Saturday I went to Mariano´s soccer practice and then spent the afternoon downtown with my mom. Then I went to the doctor (I have a cold, ear infection, and a parasite...my immune system is terrible since Nicaragua) and then I took my family to HSM3! It was soooo much fun and such a great movie! I really had a great time with the family! Then today we went to the Pejibaye (a type of fruit) Festival with Tia Rita and Tio Jose's family. We didn't spend a long time at the festival but it was still a fun day. Also this weekend we rented Mamma Mia, Walle and Corpse Bride so we spent a lot of time watching movies together. It is sad to think that I will only be back for 2 days before leaving for Cuba :( I´m really going to miss them and it's like I'm finally to the point where we can communicate and joke around. But this home stay will be great! I don't know if I will have internet there so if you dont hear from me for 3 and a half weeks dont worry. I love you all and miss you!

1 comment:

Michele said...

I am so proud of you, you are growwing so much. I can't wait to just sit around & hear you tell us about all you did & saw. I do SO miss hearing your voise. You don't know how many times I have started to call you, & then rememered that I can't. I miss you & wish you safe travels.
Take care,
Love ya, mom