Friday, November 28, 2008

This time tomorrow I'll be in Cuba!

Who would have ever thought I'd be saying that? This time tomorrow I'll be in Cuba! If only you could see the excitment. And we are even going legally with the US government approval. I can't wait. We are going to go to the beach and see all the historical parts. And we get 3 free nights to wander around the city and explore all night. I can't wait to walk around the streets of Havana at midnight. But don't worry, Cuba is the safest place I'll have been all semester. On Thursday, we watched 2 documentaries on Cuba and it just increased the excitement. Cuba is absolutely gorgeous and Fidel Castro is so interesting. The only thing that could make this trip even better would be the chance for a charla with Fidel. He is such an interesting guy and I would love to hear him speak. But that's not going to happen but at least I've met a person who has sat down and talked to Fidel. His stories were so neat. But anyways while we are in Cuba we won't have internet so don't expect an update until I am back in the states. We fly into Miami on the 9th and have classes and goodbye activities until the 11th when I fly back to Boise. It is going to be so hard to leave all these new LASP friends. I've gotten close to a lot of them and not being together for 3 weeks was hard enough. Tonight we went to the Costa Rican National Symphony together for one last outing together before Miami. It was absolutely amazing and I loved it. My host mom and brother Vini came along too so that was fun. But it was one long day. I got up early to do homework and then spent all afternoon shopping for souveneirs one last time in San Jose and then came home for 10 min to change for the symphony and after the symphony we went grocery shopping because I am cooking breakfast tomorrow. So Vini and I got a little bit ready for tomorrow and now at almost 1 am I am updating my blog before a long and busy day tomorrow. Tomorrow will be hard with the sadness of leaving Costa Rica and this family mixed with overwhelming excitement for Cuba. When I was in San Jose today, I just couldn't believe it was going to be my last time there. There was still so much I wanted to do and see and leaving was hard and in just a few hours we are leaving the whole country. This place really has become like home as I have become familiar and used to it. But it's late and my mind is scattered in case you couldn't tell from this post. But main message: I won't have any contact until after Cuba so don't send me urgent facebook messages because I won't respond and don't worry about me. I'll be safe enjoying beautiful Cuba!!

3 comments:

Sammie said...

Hope you have a wonderful time :)

Jennspiration said...

We'll be waiting for you! Got your postcard, thank you!

Barbara said...

Well it looks like I missed the boat.
Anyway, Happy Birthday!
and could you email me your email again. Our computer crashed and there went almost everything. Love ya,travelbug.